Thursday 2 July 2009

A Tribute To The King of Pop

I'm a bit late to the party with this one, but I would like to pay a brief tribute to Michael Jackson, who sadly passed away last week.

It's easy to remember MJ for his recent court cases, accusations and bizarre actions, but I don't think that should ever come in the way of the fact that he was a truly gifted musician. The world's been going 'Whacko Jacko' since his passing, rushing to music stores to buy his albums and singles. As for me? I simply rewatched some of his greatest moments in music via Youtube and just sat there in awe of his genius. From his first performances as part of the Jackson 5 to the music video of Thriller - which remains my favourite Michael Jackson song and one of my favourite songs of all time - you just know that, whatever 'it' is, this guy had it. Okay, so it wasn't all fun and games throughout, but that's the life of the celebrity. I think he is one of only a few acts whose music will remain timeless - and that's the biggest compliment I can pay him.

So, from me, I just want to say: RIP, the King of Pop.

2 comments:

  1. Rest in peace MJ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...
    I try to look for the meaning in things that happen, and it was a tragedy that Michael Jackson passed away, especially for his kids.

    ReplyDelete

 

Distributed by eBlog Templates